Wednesday, 6 December 2017

Latest: Antonio Conte fined

Loading...













Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte has been fined £8,000 by the Football Association after being sent off during last week’s 1-0 Premier League win over Swansea City.


Conte was asked to leave the dugout by referee Neil Swarbrick after a prolonged remonstration with fourth official Lee Mason with regards to perceived time-wasting by Paul Clement’s struggling Swansea.



The former Juventus and Italy boss apologised immediately after the match, in which Antonio Rudiger headed the decisive goal, saying he expected to be fined and that he would leave complaining to the match officials in the hands of his players from now on.

“I think it’s right to accept [the misconduct charge] and to pay the fine,” he told a news conference ahead of the weekend victory over Newcastle United.



“As I said after the game, if the referee took this decision I have to respect it. I want to respect his decision and pay the fine.

“They were wasting time and I think the referee has to protect the team that wants to win and play football. I was angry because, despite it happening twice, I said to the fourth official ‘look, they are wasting time’.







“In the future I will tell my players on the pitch to try to tell the referee. I’ll try to avoid suggesting things to the fourth official.”

Premier League champions Chelsea lie third in the table and travel to West Ham on Saturday.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

FA Spokesperson
@FAspokesperson
Antonio Conte has been fined after accepting an FA misconduct charge. Full statement: http://the-fa.com/RxSNHc
6:30 AM - Dec 6, 2017
 Replies   1 1 Retweet   1 1 like
Twitter Ads info and privacy
West Ham vs Chelsea: Javier Hernandez set to make return from injury in London derby

JAVIER HERNANDEZ is on course to make a timely return to action for West Ham against Chelsea.

The two rivals go head-to-head in a crunch showdown at the London Stadium on Saturday (12.30pm).

David Moyes has been unable to call upon his star striker since taking over from Slaven Bilic.

Chicharito has been sidelined with a thigh injury sustained while away on international duty.

However, Hernandez is now back in full training ahead of the weekend.

And the Daily Mail say West Ham are hopeful he will be fit to play the Premier League champions.

Chelsea will know all about the threat of the 29-year-old from his time at Manchester United.

Hernandez has a solid goalscoring record against Antonio Conte’s side, having famously scored in the first minute of United’s 2-1 win at Old Trafford in 2011 just before winning the title.

Under Moyes at United, Chicharito did not have as much joy.

But the pair are ready to work together again as they bid to steer West Ham to safety.

Should Hernandez start, he will likely face the likes of Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rudiger and Cesar Azpilicueta.

The trio have formed a formidable three-man defence for Chelsea since Conte dropped David Luiz.

If, however, Hernandez fails a fitness test for Chelsea, he would then look to appear against Arsenal next Wednesday.

Diafra Sakho is also waiting in the wings after impressing from the bench in the 2-1 defeat at Manchester City.

No comments:

Post a Comment